Medical Administrator (full-time)
Coleridge Medical Centre
The closing date is 05 December 2021
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to join our friendly and supportive GP Practice team?
We are looking for someone to become a member of the administration team, contributing to the efficient running of the practice reception area, and the general smooth running of the practice.
Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will deliver a high standard of service to all patients, visitors and colleagues in accessing the appropriate services in a professional, courteous, efficient and effective way over the telephone, face to face and via other communication programs.
Our Medical Administrators carry out a full range of administrative duties associated with a modern GP practice, including shared participation in our weekend rota.
Coleridge Medical Centre - A Healthy Practice.
We aim to provide a high quality, caring, safe and friendly atmosphere within which we help members of our community achieve and attain optimum levels of health.
APPROACHABILITY - Communicative, adaptive and approachable
TEAMWORK - We all have our part to play in making ourselves and our communities healthier
COMMUNICATION - Honest and direct communication and feedback
RESPECT - We appreciate the contributions, views and interests of others, and treat all with dignity
Ottery St Mary is a market town on the eastern fringes of Exeter and is easily accessible from the A30. Our premises are fully accessible and purpose built with good staff facilities and off site car parking close by.
- Work effectively as a member of the administration team, contributing to the efficient running of the practice reception area, and the general smooth running of the practice.
- Offer general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
- Deliver a high standard of service to all patients, visitors and colleagues in accessing the appropriate services in a professional, courteous, efficient and effective way.
- Undertake administrative duties in a professional, courteous, efficient and effective way to assist in the smooth running of the practice.
- Facilitate effective communication between patients and colleagues.
- Provide an informed and courteous first point of contact for all patients and visitors.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities to be undertaken by members of the Medical Administrator team may include any or all of the items in the following list. Duties may be varied from time to time under the direction of the Practice Manager/Assistant Practice Manager, dependent on current and evolving practice workload and staffing levels.
- Open up and lock up of practice premises and maintaining security in accordance with practice protocols.
- Maintain and monitor practice appointment systems.
- Process requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations and ensure callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional.
- Promptly and professionally resolve any general patient enquiries, comments and issues and escalate appropriately when assistance is required.
- Process and distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
- Record and accurately relay messages and information.
- File and retrieve written and electronic information so that it is easily accessible, accurate and secure.
- Process repeat prescriptions in accordance with practice guidelines.
- Computer data entry/data allocation and collation; processing and recording information in accordance with practice procedures.
- Initiate contact with and respond to requests from patients, other team members and associated agencies and providers.
- Word/data processing, filing, faxing, photocopying and scanning.
- Keep work and common areas tidy and free from obstruction and clutter.
- Comply with infection control procedures and policies which, from time to time, will include assisting with clear up following the illness of a patient.
- Participate in the legal, regulatory, administrative and professional responsibilities of the practice team.
- Ensure accurate notes of all consultations and treatments are recorded in the patients notes on the clinical computer system as appropriate.
- Ensure accurate completion of all necessary documentation associated with patient health care and registration with the practice.
- Ensure collection and maintenance of statistical information required for regular and ad hoc reports.
- Attend and participate in practice meetings as required.
- Assist in the formulation of practice philosophy, strategy and policy and develop appropriate protocols.
- Co-operate and participate as required in any research projects within the practice.
- Participate in the education and training of students of all disciplines and the induction of personnel working and visiting the practice.
The range of duties and responsibilities outlined above are indicative only and are intended to give a broad flavour of the range and type of duties that a Medical Administrator will be expected to undertake. They are subject to modification in the light of changing demands placed on and opportunities for primary care.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Coleridge Medical Centre
For help with your application, contact:
19 November 2021