The Orchard Medical Centre
This job is now closed
We are looking for a Finance Administrator to work 20 hours per week, for at least 1 year with big potential to lead a permanent role for the right person.
The Finance Administrator will be responsible for supporting the Business Manager with theimplementation and management of all financial controls and procedures. This includes monitoringexpenditure and identifying variances to budgets, monitoring funds and bankaccounts and overseeing the processing of invoices and expenses.
Main duties of the job
Main Duties are to provide administrative support in relation to all aspects of financial services in line with agreed policies and procedures.
Processing invoices, downloading, and reconciling statements, and ensuring all suppliers are paid in line with their terms of settlement. Raising invoices, monitoring income received, reconciling petty cash, and processing weekly banking. Ensure all information inputted into accounting systems is accurate, reliable, and timely.
We are proud of the extensive highly trained team at The Orchard Medical Centre, which is a partnership between seven GPs. We currently have around 11,000 patients and offer a wide range of services. We are also proud to be part of a Primary Care Network, joint with four other practices.
We offer a competitive salary along with a range of excellent benefits and great on-site facilities:
28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
NHS Pension Scheme
A benefits scheme offering childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, an employee assistance programme, retail & leisure savings, and lots more !
Electric car charging points
We work with some fantastic people and are passionate about what we do. We also manage to have some fun along the way! Join us and you could have a career for life. If this all resonates with you, then we would love to hear from you.
Accounts and bookkeeping
- Reconcile monthly bank statements.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual accounting reports for partners.
- Analyse income generated through practice activity and address inconsistencies.
- Analyse monthly / quarterly statements from commissioners and reconcilestatements every month..
- Reconcile information of the end of year data for the practice accountants.
- Regularly monitor the practice bank account and expected income and expenditureand report any issues that arise to Business Manager
- Bank all cheques received into the practice on a weekly basis
- Prepare online monthly BACS payments of invoices received.
- Credit control - Monitor debtors. Raise invoices as requested
Any additional tasks as requested by Business Manager.
- Any additional tasks as requested by Business Manager.
- Support Practice Manager with projects as required.
- Any other ad hoc duties as required.