Primary Care Network Pharmacist
Brownlow Group Practice
This job is now closed
To work with the Primary Care Network Pharmacy Team to improve the quality, effectiveness and safety of prescribing across the organisation. To contribute to achieving the Primary Care Network Investment and Impact Fund (IIF) targets and the Direct Enhanced Service contract (DES)
Main duties of the job
- To promote high quality, safe and cost-effective prescribing as informed by evidence-based practice and national and local guidance etc. To ensure prescribing conforms to relevant legislation
- Working with the Senior Primary Care Network (PCN) Pharmacists and PCN Pharmacy Team in delivering the Medicines Management Work Plan for your allocated practice(s) in addition to directing and advising on medicines management issues in general.
- To work collaboratively with the PCN Pharmacy Team
- To become an integral part of your named practice team(s) and to undertake those clinical and administrative duties as determined by shared agreement with the Senior PCN Pharmacists and Lead GP
- To initiate & complete structured medication reviews, support with repeat prescribing, medicines reconciliation and prescribing related audits.
- To work with the PCN Pharmacy Team and GP practice teams in order to support achievement of the Impact and Investment Targets, Direct Enhanced Contract and Quality and Outcomes Framework, and respond in a timely manner to medicines safety advice eg from the Medicines and Healthcare products Related Agency (MHRA)
- To work in COVID vaccine clinics on a rota basis
- To partake in the CPPE Primary Care Pathway for Pharmacists (if not already completed)
Brownlow and the CLPCN prides itself in being an exceptional employer. We have a dedicated staff wellbeing team and offer numerous staff benefits and incentives including protected study leave with financial allowance and enhanced annual leave for 100% attendance. You will receive a 6-month mentorship/induction package and following this will have the option for some home working should you wish to if appropriate for your role.
Brownlow/CLPCN is an organisation that is committed to equality and diversity, and we strive for our workforce to be representative and inclusive of the complex and diverse community which we are proud to serve. With this commitment in mind, we actively encourage individuals who self-identify as having protected characteristics to apply for this role. We are particularly keen to encourage applications from: individuals with linguistic diversity, members of the LGBTQ+ community; members of black, minority ethnic, and minority faith groups; and from those who are disabled and / or neurodiverse. We are mindful that we may not always be aware of structural and systemic factors, which might discourage or prevent certain minority groups and marginalised populations from applying to join our team. If you are aware that any such barriers do exist, please let us know so that we can work to overcome and dismantle these.
Although not required by law we strongly recommend that all staff have received all Covid vaccinations.
27 February 2023
£41,659 to £54,619 a year Depending on Experience
81 London Road
- To work as part of the multidisciplinary team (MDT), to provide advice and support on all prescribing issues. When clinically appropriate, to implement and action changes to the patients medical prescribing record as directed by primary, secondary or community care; working at all times within professional limits.
- To influence the prescribing behaviour of all members of the Practice MDT including GPs and practice nurses.
- Liaise with health professionals in secondary care on interface medicines management issues.
Ensure prescribing and administration of medicines and disposal of medicinal waste follows appropriate legislation and health and safety policies.
- Main job Location: Central Liverpool Primary Care Network Hub - 81 London Road L3 8JA
- Other job locations:
Brownlow Health @ Student Health - Peach Street Liverpool L69 7ZL
Brownlow Health @ Ropewalks -26 Argyle Street Liverpool L1 5DL
- Brownlow Health @ Kensington -155 Edge Lane Edge Hill Liverpool L7 2PF
- Brownlow Health @ Marybone - 2 Vauxhall Road Liverpool L3 2BG
- Brownlow Health @ Princes Park - Bentley Road Liverpool L8 0SY
- St James Health Centre - 29 Great George Square L1 5DZ
- Abercromby Family Practice - Grove Street Liverpool L7 7HG
- Dingle Park Practice - Park Street Liverpool L8 6QP
- The Elms Medical Centre -3 The Elms Liverpool L8 3SS
- Pharmacy Mpharm or equivalent
- Non-Medical Prescribing qualification
- CPPE Primary Care Pathway for Pharmacists
- Experience of working in a team
- Experience of Windows Based Computer Systems
- Experience within a GP setting and knowledge of the procedures
- Experience in promoting Health Improvement Campaigns
- Experience of the EMIS clinical system
Skills, Knowledge and abilities
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work with colleagues and services users in a non-judgemental manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with patients and outside agencies
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills
- Able to obtain and analyse complex technical information
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work flexibly
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Demonstrate your competence in the English language. Assessed at interview/ Certificate of English proficiency
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Brownlow Group Practice
81 London Road
For questions about the job, contact:
Supporting links (all open in new tabs)
Central Liverpool Primary Care Network Website
Brownlow Group Practice's privacy notice (opens in a new tab)