Clinical Support Worker
Brownlow Group Practice
This job is now closed
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Clinical Support Worker to join our Nursing team at our central Brownlow health and Marybone site due to semi-retirement and expanding list size. We are looking to recruit a motivated, enthusiastic individual to help deliver high quality care to our clients. The post holder will help support the clinical team but also be responsible for your own clinics with support as necessary from the Nursing team. This role is to be made permanent should you pass a performance review.
Main duties of the job
Long term condition monitoring, health checks, vaccine delivery, home visits, assist with minor surgery, support our weight management service, phlebotomy.
Other job locations:
Bentley Road Liverpool L8 0SY
Peach Street Liverpool L69 7ZL
26 Argyle Street Liverpool L1 5DL
155 Edge Lane Edge Hill Liverpool L7 2PF
2 Vauxhall Road Liverpool L3 2BG
Brownlow Health prides itself in being an exceptional employer. We are a large training practice with a 40+ strong Nursing Team. We have a dedicated staff wellbeing team and offer numerous staff benefits and incentives including protected study leave with financial allowance and enhanced annual leave for 100% attendance.
Brownlow is an organisation that is committed to equality and diversity, and we strive for our workforce to be representative and inclusive of the complex and diverse community which we are proud to serve. With this commitment in mind, we actively encourage individuals who self-identify as having protected characteristics to apply for this role. We are particularly keen to encourage applications from: individuals with linguistic diversity, members of the LGBTQ+ community; members of black, minority ethnic, and minority faith groups; and from those who are disabled and / or neurodiverse. We are mindful that we may not always be aware of structural and systemic factors, which might discourage or prevent certain minority groups and marginalised populations from applying to join our team. If you are aware that any such barriers do exist, please let us know so that we can work to overcome and dismantle these.
Undertake new patient registration consultations
Obtain venous blood samples if deemed appropriate
Perform, evaluate and interpret non invasive blood pressure examination
Obtain and test urine specimens, report outcomes and inform appropriate member of staff as necessary
Management of wound care
Assist the GP with minor surgery
Administer Influenza and Pneumococcal vaccinations and B12(dependant on training)
Health promotion and healthy lifestyle advice
Support patients to self care through signposting to other services
Provision of cryotherapy (dependent on training)
Support the clinical staff in the delivery of external clinics/services provided by the Practice
BP and weight for contraception review
LTC monitoring under the guidance of the PN/NP
Home visits for LTC reviews/over 75 health checks, vaccinations etc
Diabetic physical health checks
Take responsibility for a lead area
Undertake H-Pylori testing (after training)
- To ensure stock maintenance by regularly ordering stock, stock rotation and monitoring use. Ensuring all rooms has adequate stock for daily use.
- Ensure fridge temperatures are checked daily.
- Check emergency trolleys – oxygen, defibrillators and nebulisers at regular intervals and replace equipment after use.
- Ensure that equipment maintenance and inspection guidelines are adhered to.
- Check GP emergency bags and equipment weekly.
- Assisting with equipment calibration.
- Check meningitis and anaphylaxis boxes monthly
- Rotation of vaccine stock in fridges – Inform relevant staff when stocks are becoming low.
- Check expiry dates on vaccines and other stock monthly.
- To liaise with the Finance Manager regarding invoices ensuring that delivery notes are obtained and stock is checked and signed for on delivery.
- Participate in the development of practice policies; procedures and guidelines where appropriate.
- Assist the clinical team with the process of recall for the management of the chronic disease registers.
Research/Clinical Governance and Audit:
- Provide support in data collection for use in research and audits as required.
- Be competent in IT skills in order to input data/retrieve and analyse data from clinical systems looking at specific clinical areas.
- Report significant incidents as guided by practice policies.
- Maintain appropriate records.
- To work in partnership and liaise effectively with all staff working within the practice and all external contacts.
- Attend all practice meetings.
- Communicate effectively with the multidisciplinary team and refer to outside agencies as required.
- Regular meetings (5th Wednesday) with line managers.
- Manage Tasks; emails and respond in a timely manner
Training and Education:
- Identify individual learning needs through personal development plan.
- Identify learning needs through the practice development plan.
- Keep up to date with all core mandatory training.
- Attend Synergy events and Clinical meetings.
- Participate in the Induction programmes/training as requested with new members of the practice team and external students on placement within Brownlow Health.
- Evidence of skills and knowledge update.
All employees are required by section 7 of the Health & Safety at work Act (1974) to take reasonable care on their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
Although not required by law we strongly recommend that all staff have received all Covid vaccinations.
Extended access will form part of your contracted hours.
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive but to indicate the main responsibilities of the post and may be amended from time to time after consultation with the post holder.
Attributes and Behaviours
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Brownlow Group Practice
For questions about the job, contact:
20 May 2022
£22,549 to £24,882 a year WTE