Dr Earnshaw and Partners
This job is now closed
We require a Full-time Medical Receptionist to join our very busy team, situated in the Centre of Bolton.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated person with excellent customer service experience, excellent telephone manner and good IT and organisational skills.
The right candidate must be able to work well within a team environment and have the ability to multi-task and be able to use their own initiative while prioritising and remaining calm under pressure.
The position is for 37.5hrs, 5 days a week, Monday to Friday. It is essential however; that the candidate is flexible to work other shifts/days when required to cover annual leave and sickness on a rota basis.Salary will be dependent on experience but starting pay is £9.46.
Experience within a General Practice setting is preferable but not essential, along with knowledge of EMIS Web and Docman 10.
Main duties of the job
- Welcoming patients
- Answering phone calls
- Answering queries from patients and other staff
- Processing Medical Prescriptions
- Booking patients appointments
- Enter patients details onto the Clinic System
- Direct patients
- Liaising with other departments
- Scanning Clinical Letter
- Coding Clinical Letters
- Summarising Medical Records
- General administration duties
We are a busy and friendly General Practice in the middle of the town with a practice list size of just over 6100 patients. We currently have 5 GPs and 2 practice nurse. We have an efficient administration team.We also have the added benefit from additional roles through our PCN:
- MSK practitioner
- Health Improvement Practitioners
- Social Prescribing Link Workers
- Pharmacy Tech
- Mental Health Practitioner.
- Meet & Greet patients and visitors to the practice
- Book clinical appointments
- Take and make telephone calls
- Liaise between patients and clinicians
- Be helpful to patients
Please see full job description attached.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).