Dr Earnshaw and Partners
This job is now closed
We require a Full-time Medical Receptionist to join our very busy team, situated in the Centre of Bolton.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated person with excellent customer service experience, excellent telephone manner and good IT and organisational skills.
The right candidate must be able to work well within a team environment and have the ability to multi-task and be able to use their own initiative while prioritising and remaining calm under pressure.
The position is for 37.5hrs, 5 days a week, Monday to Friday. It is essential however; that the candidate is flexible to work other shifts/days when required to cover annual leave and sickness on a rota basis.Salary will be dependent on experience but starting pay is £9.46.
Experience within a General Practice setting is preferable but not essential, along with knowledge of EMIS Web and Docman 10.
Main duties of the job
- Welcoming patients
- Answering phone calls
- Answering queries from patients and other staff
- Processing Medical Prescriptions
- Booking patients appointments
- Enter patients details onto the Clinic System
- Direct patients
- Liaising with other departments
- Scanning Clinical Letter
- Coding Clinical Letters
- Summarising Medical Records
- General administration duties
We are a busy and friendly General Practice in the middle of the town with a practice list size of just over 6100 patients. We currently have 5 GPs and 2 practice nurse. We have an efficient administration team.We also have the added benefit from additional roles through our PCN:
- MSK practitioner
- Health Improvement Practitioners
- Social Prescribing Link Workers
- Pharmacy Tech
- Mental Health Practitioner.
- Meet & Greet patients and visitors to the practice
- Book clinical appointments
- Take and make telephone calls
- Liaise between patients and clinicians
- Be helpful to patients
Please see full job description attached.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Dr Earnshaw and Partners
For questions about the job, contact:
08 July 2021