Long Bennington Medical Centre
This job is now closed
We are looking to recruit an experienced and qualified Dispenser to join our Dispensary team at Long Bennington Medical Centre, a rural practice on the borders of Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and Leicestershire.
We have a busy and growing Dispensary providing dispensing services to approximately 88% of our patients. Our team work closely with both Drs and Clinical Pharmacists ensuring that patient needs are met with efficiency and in a timely manner.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual to work 30 hours per week on a permanent contract. Candidates should have an NVQ Level 2 or equivalent qualification and ideally have experience of working with SystmOne and General Practice. The successful candidate will also have a positive proactive approach and work well under pressure.
The dispensary operates from 0800am - 6.00pm with staff working shifts from 0800 am - 6.30pm over five days. The successful candidate must be willing to work a shift pattern within these hours as well as be able to provide cover for holiday and sickness as required.
Main duties of the job
Our Dispensary Team support and complement our Clinical teams and it is therefore essential that candidates hold an NVQ Level 2 or appropriate equivalent qualification in Dispensing.
Applicants must have a friendly and approachable manner with excellent customer service skills. A strong belief in attention to detail is also a must. It is important that the successful candidate is able to be flexible and cover sickness and absence leave as required within the existing team.
For further details of essential skills and qualifications, please read the Person Specification and Job Description attached..
We are a GP led, Dispensing practice based in a rural location on the borders of Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and Leicestershire. We are friendly team comprising of 6 GPs, 2 Practice Nurses, Clinical Pharmacists, Dispensers, HCA's, MSK Practitioner, and Care Coordinator who are superbly supported by our Reception and Administration teams. We firmly believe that it takes the entire team to make the Practice what it is and our philosophy is very much that patient centered care is at the heart of everything we do. We strive to provide the best service we can for our patients and Community.
The following are the core responsibilities of the Dispenser. There may be on occasion, a requirement to carry out other tasks; this will be dependent upon factors such as workload and staffing levels:
· Dispensing medicines to the entitled population safely and accurately
· To be responsible for checking all medicines dispensed, ensuring accuracy and medication safety
· Collecting prescription charges in accordance with dispensary protocol, ensuring that all monies received or handled on behalf of the Practice are appropriately stored, banked and recorded in an appropriate manner
· Maintaining stock levels within the dispensary, liaising with the dispensary manager to facilitate reordering
· Maintaining effective stock rotation, removing any expired stock from the supply chain in all areas of the dispensary
· Receiving and storing supplies in accordance with current policy, ensuring the cold chain is maintained where applicable
· Ensuring controlled drugs are dispensed in accordance with practice policy, undertaking CD audits/appropriate recording and destruction of returned medication
· Safe disposal of returned and / or out of date medicines
· Ensuring all repeat prescriptions are processed within a 48-hour timeframe
· Providing patients with advice regarding all prescription matters
· Process prescription requests via email, phone, face-to-face and online
· Assisting the Dispensary Manager in the preparation of monthly returns
· Maintaining a clean and safe working environment at all times
· Maintain accurate records at all times, read coding entries (when required for dispensing purposes)
· Taking and recording of fridge temperatures in accordance with the SOP and following the guidance within the SOP if any anomalies are noted
· Prompt response and action of Drug Alerts received
· Issuing of repeat prescriptions with effective communication and liaison with both patients and Doctors in order to resolve any queries/anomalies
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Long Bennington Medical Centre
For help with your application, contact:
07 November 2021