Medical Receptionist / Workflow Administrator
Lander Medical Practice
This job is now closed
Lander Medical Practice has a number of opportunities to join our Reception/Workflow Team. Contracted hours of 20-30 per week. Applicants should be able to also provide cover for sickness/annual leave. Previous experience in reception, medical terminology and read coding preferred, but training given to suitable candidates. Keyboard skills, a pleasant telephone manner and good people skills essential. Salary is paid on Agenda for Change band 3 (£10.40-£11.14 per hour) depending on experience.
Please include any comments on why you feel you may be suitable for this position within your CV.
Main duties of the job
Experience as a Medical Receptionist in a GP Surgery. Previous experience of customer care or dealing with members of public in a frontline role
Ability to prioritise tasks
Able to tolerate stress and manage appropriately
Ability to recognise own limitations
Identify learning needs and act on them appropriately
Medical terminology / read coding
Lander Medical Practice serves a patient population of some 20000 patients. The Surgery is a progressive and innovative organisation, working as part of the Truro PCN with Three Spires Medical Practice. We have a full practice team incorporating Physios, Paramedics, Social Prescribers, Pharmacists, GPs, Nurses and Health Care Assistants. Our aim is to serve our patient population to the highest degree, and enjoy our work while delivering the care.
- Communicating with the public and practice population in a prompt, polite and appropriate manner, both by face to face contact and by telephone communication.
- Receiving and transporting messages for doctors and team members accurately and efficiently, in accordance with Practice policies.
- Working as part of a team, both within the Reception Team, and as part of the Practice Team in general, participating in Team events and attending Team meetings. Providing cover for sickness/holiday relief if requested (though not expected to be frequently required, there will be times when this will be necessary, when the relief staff are unavailable to cover all absences, this may necessitate covering at the Branch Surgery).
- Providing information about the Practice and Patients in accordance with the Practice Code of Confidentiality.
- Undertaking training as and when considered appropriate.
- Making appointments for clinics and surgeries in accordance with the Practice policies.
- Processing requests for medication in accordance with the Practice policies.
- Receiving and processing requests for home visits.
- Providing information to patients with regard to test results.
- Ensuring that designated clinical area (specific GPs consulting room) has appropriate and sufficient stocks of required stationery.
- Providing assistance if requested by a GP or other clinician.
- Making telephone calls or enquiries as requested by GPs/other clinicians.
- Ensuring that waiting rooms are kept clean and tidy.
- Reporting any technical or material faults observed either to the Reception co-ordinator, Deputy or Practice Manager.
- Ensuring that your working area is kept tidy and free from hazards in accordance with Health and Safety Practice.
- Working alongside some members of the Practice team ensuring all correspondence from outside agencies are directed appropriately (workflow).
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Lander Medical Practice
For questions about the job, contact:
10 December 2021
Agenda for change