Reception & Administration Team Leader
This job is now closed
An exciting new role has become available working with Bosvena Health the collaborative name for our two forward-thinking GP surgeries in Bodmin: Carnewater Practice and Stillmoor House Medical Practice.
The role is primarily line managing the practice reception/administration team at both surgeries which are based a short walk apart in Bodmin town centre but who have exciting plans for a new premises in Bodmin where the surgeries can co-locate. Managing the reception teams and associated administrative duties, the postholder will be an excellent team player, with an effective and compassionate leadership style as well as excellent organisation skills.
This is a full time post, working Monday to Friday.
Hours:37.5 per week to be agreed but noting that the practices is required to be open 8am-6.30pm Monday to Friday and also some evenings and Saturday mornings flexibility is important.
Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will ideally have primary healthcare experience, must be able to work on their own initiative and have some supervisory experience, along with strong IT skills. You must be organised and confident, have a friendly and approachable manner and can work under pressure.
This role would suit someone with aspirations to further develop a career in management within primary care and would be joining at a very exciting time for our two practices.
Please see the job description and person specification for further information.
The collaborative name for our two GP surgeries in Bodmin is Bosvena Health.Between our twopractices we have approximately 24,000 patients registered.
The administrative teams at Bosvena are friendly, hardworking, conscientious and dedicated in their role to provide an excellent service to our patients and clinical team alike.
The role is primarily line managing the practice reception/administration team at both Carnewater Practiceand Stillmoor House Medical Practice. The aim is to work towards establishing consistent procedures and processes across both practices which will, in time, enable staff to be able to cross-cover as required.
The post holder will work closely with (and under the direction of) the General Services Manager to provide the continual improvement of standards across a wide range of clinical and administrative activity, as well as providing an element of cover or source of advice in the event of their absence.
The successful candidate must be able to work on their own initiative and have some supervisory experience, along with strong IT skills. You must be organised and confident, have a friendly and approachable manner and can work under pressure.
Previous primary care experience is essential. This role would suit someone with aspirations to develop a career in management within primary care.
The post holder will ideally:
- Be an experienced supervisor/manager/leader of staff, providing leadership to the reception and administration team.
- Have excellent service, leadership, communication and project management skills.
- Be suitably proficient with IT systems and software applications in a general practice setting (although training on specific IT systems will be available for the suitable candidate).
- Hold a relevant supervisory/management qualification.
- Exhibit safe, professional decision-making and high level of care for patients within the Practice.
- Be a brilliant team player and work collaboratively with the wider Practice team to meet the needs of our diverse range of patients.
- Support the delivery of required policy and procedures.
The following are the core responsibilities of the Reception and Administration Team Leader. There may be on occasion, a requirement to carry out other tasks; this will be dependent upon factors such as workload and staffing levels:
To provide day-to-day support, leadership, first line management and guidance for the practice reception and administration teams, ensuring an efficient and professional manner is maintained and to provide cover to the reception teams when needed.
To manage the reception rotas, including annual leave and unplanned absence.
Ensure all reception and administration duties are completed to the highest standard.
To support effective communications between patients, doctors and other staff.
Support the General Services Manager in the recruitment and induction of all new reception and administration staff.
Support the General Services Manager in the running of elements and/or services within the practice relevant to the postholders responsibilities e.g. compliance with CQC, Effective working procedures etc.
Support the General Services Manager in the reviewing and updating of practice policies and procedures as appropriate.
Ensure staff reference files are kept up-to-date on both sites, so that reception staff can easily access up-to-date guidance and information.
Work with the General Services Manager and other members of the practice to identify areas for improvement and assist in change management where appropriate.
To undertake specific assigned tasks, project support, or development work which may arise during changes to the NHS.
To introduce new policies and procedures in line with current regulations under the direction of the General Services Manager.
- To be a point of contact for staff and patient queries and concerns, dealing with their enquiries in a courteous and polite manner.
- Dealing with patient complaints relating to front desk/reception services in association with the General Services Manager.
- Use phone system statistics to plan effective levels of cover to ensure phones are always answered in a timely manner.
- Helping to arrange and re-arrange clinics as required in association with the wider management team.
- Responding to and resolving local IT issues where appropriate liaising with IT leads within the practice or others as appropriate, in order to help resolve hardware and software issues.
- Ensure the effective use of clinical systems, IT programmes and other systems used by the reception/admin staff.
- Providing support and ensure training for current and new staff is carried out.
- Training of staff on practice IT systems as necessary.
- To provide front-line cover, whether on reception, on the phones or other administrative support when required due to absence of staff.
- Support and participate in shared learning across the practice and wider organisation
- Help disseminate identified learning from complaints, incidents and near-miss events relating to the practice, team and self.
- Awareness of statutory safeguarding, notification processes and local guidance for children/vulnerable patients, applying relevant policies and legislation to protect them
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures and guidelines for self and others, by acting or alerting senior management team if the practice appears to contravene policy, or if there are concerns over any aspect of patient care.
- Maintain confidentiality of information, acting within the terms of the Data Protection Act and Caldicott guidance on patient confidentiality at all times.
- Maintain an awareness of the Freedom of Information Act.
- Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the Practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data
HEALTH & SAFETY
- The post-holder will manage their own and others health & safety and infection control as defined in the Practices Health & Safety Policy, the Practice Health & Safety Manual, and the Practices Infection Control Policy and published procedures.
- Comply with Practice health and safety policies by following agreed safe working procedures and actively reporting of health and safety hazards and infection hazards immediately when recognised
- Keeping work and general areas clean and tidy, and using appropriate infection control procedures to keep work areas hygienic and safe from contamination.
- Awareness and compliance with national standards of infection control, hygiene, regulatory / contractual / professional requirements, and good practice guidelines.
- Reporting incidents using the organisations Incident Reporting System
EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY
- The post-holder will support, promote and maintain the Practices Equality & Diversity Policy.
- No person whether they are staff, patient or visitor should receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, ethnic origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion etc.
- The jobholder must comply with all policies and procedures designed to ensure equality of employment and that services are delivered in ways that meet the individual needs of patients and their families.
OTHER DELEGATED DUTIES
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive - it may be changed after consultation with the post holder. The employee shares with the employer the responsibility for review and modification of duties.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
06 May 2021