General Practice Alliance Ltd
This job is now closed
Due to rapid expansion, we are expanding our HR function and are advertising for a full time HR Assistant in this forward-thinking Organisation.
In this brand-new exciting role, you will provide a full administrative HR support service. A focus will involve the recruitment of candidates to work across various clinical and non-clinical staff groups from paramedics to pharmacists, and community care workers and social prescribing link workers.
You will be responsible for sourcing, supporting, and guiding valuable candidates through our recruitment process. You will have excellent writing skills to draft adverts and will organise inductions, meet and greet new starters and be involved in each aspect of the candidate journey, making this a varied and exciting role where there is plenty of opportunity to gain new skills.
When you arent involved in the recruitment process you will be providing exceptional administrative support to HR people related processes throughout the full employee life cycle.
Interviews will be on Tuesday 11th October
Main duties of the job
Please see full Job Description in the supporting documents section
For an informal discussion regarding the role please email Sarah Chaloner - firstname.lastname@example.org, to arrange a convenient time to speak.
Interviews: Tuesday 11th October
General Practice Alliance (GPA) is a small but growing GP Federation based in Northampton leading the transformation of equitable healthcare across the town and beyond. The membership is a collective of 21 GP Practices and covers a patient population of approx. 210,000.
Website : https://northantsgpalliance.com/
Our working environment is friendly and relaxed, and you can chose between a mixture of home and office based working.
In return for your fantastic people skills and hard work ethic we offer a unique set of rewards and benefits that you can make the most out of:
- NHS Pension
- Employee Discount Schemes Youll have access to a range of exclusive benefits such as the Blue Light Card which provides members with access to over 15,000 discounts online and on the high street!
- Wellbeing Offer includes Employee Assistance Programme, Wellbeing portal, feeling good app.
- Discounted Trilogy Supergold Membership Package.
Primary Duties and Areas of Responsibility
Recruitment and Onboarding
- Provide an effective and accurate end to end support service to Recruiting Managers with reference to their specific recruitment campaigns to include loading and publishing adverts with up-to-date role descriptions, arranging, and inviting candidates to interviews, and being available as required during the selection process.
- Produce offer letters, contracts of employment and new starter packs, and act as a point of contact for all new starters prior to commencement in employment.
- Ensure documentation including references, occupational health checks and verification of identity are completed and recorded in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Issue Disclosure and Barring Service links, ensuring correct and timely completion. Upon return, record the disclosure, escalating any issues arising which may cause concern in relation to the individuals employment.
- Organise and issue induction programmes and meet and greet new starters on monthly induction days.
- Create an appropriate audit trail associated with recruitment and changes to employee terms and conditions of employment.
- Enter all new starters pay information on the payroll system prior to payroll cut off, and order ID badges for all new starters.
- Use appropriate methods to check and maintain employment registration with the relevant professional bodies, and ensure all relevant qualifications are stored on employees files.
- Maintain all HR records, ensuring up-to-date and GDPR compliant.
- Update internal databases (e.g. recording sick or maternity leave).
- Assist the Payroll Department by providing monthly relevant employee information (e.g. leaves of absence, sick days and contractual changes).
- Ensure the HR information system is regularly updated and audited ensuring all annual leave is correct and new starter information and changes to existing employee information is entered in a timely fashion to meet departmental deadlines.
- Ensure that employee files are fully complete and audited to in-house standards and in line with Data Protection Legislation/CQC and ISO requirements.
- Take calls and queries from managers and staff by e-mail, phone or in person in respect of general HR queries and to provide accurate, professional, and timely responses, escalating queries where necessary.
- Work on project and research tasks as prescribed by HR Manager.
- Generate accurate and professionally presented general correspondence, including letters, minutes, and reports.
- Undertake general office duties including filing, photocopying and general administration duties as required.
- Build professional relationships with all stakeholders of the business.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).