Henry Moore Clinic
This job is now closed
We are currently seeking to appoint a Medical receptionist for 25 hours per week at our friendly, supportive practice, to provide a high level of quality care to our patients.
As a forward-thinking and innovative practice, we require a similarly motivated and enthusiastic receptionist to join our team.
Main duties of the job
Main duties of the job
Being a first point of contact for our patients, whether it be face to face or by the telephone, to offer support and guidance on choosing the right service at the right time.
Dealing with administrative tasks behind the scenes, processing incoming documents from third parties, prescriptions, GP Requests and much more.
The clinical team consists of five GP Partners, four Salaried GPs, four Practice Nurses, two HCAs and one Phlebotomist as well as the extended team of pharmacists, social prescribers and first contact practitioners. Who are all supported by a committed administrative and managerial team.
- To have a thorough knowledge of all practice procedures
- Pulling/filing notes for surgeries and updating as necessary
- Processing and distributing incoming and outgoing mail
- Filing and retrieving paperwork/correspondence, including filing to patient records
- Computer data entry, processing and recording information in accordance with practice procedures
- Providing clerical assistance to practice staff as required, including word/data processing, filing, photocopying, and scanning
- Cover sickness/annual leave and work reasonable overtime when required, including some weekends.
- Receiving patients, consulting with members of practice team
- Handing completed repeat prescriptions to patient and checking names and address.
- Be able to cover all reception position as necessary
- Taking messages and passing on information
- Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, telephone consultations and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional
- Initiating contact with and responding to requests from patients, other team member and associated healthcare agencies and providers
- Ensure that system is operational at the beginning of each day and switched over to night service and that the answer phone operational at the end of each day.
APPOINTMENT SYSTEM MANAGEMENT
- Book/edit/cancel appointments and recalls ensuring sufficient information is recorded to retrieve medical record.
- Monitor effectiveness of the system and report any problems or variations required.
Deal with home visit requests, carefully noting all details
Arrange transport to hospital appointments for housebound patients
MEDICAL RECORDS MANAGEMENT
- Ensure that all records accurately compiled in advance for each consulting session.
- Retrieve and refile records as required, following records management processes.
- Ensure correspondence, reports, results, etc., are filed in correct record.
Processing repeat prescriptions in accordance with practice guidelines
Handing completed repeat prescriptions to patient and checking names and address.
CONSULTATION ROOM PREPARATIONS
- Clearing and re-stocking of consulting rooms as required
- Consulting rooms prepared in readiness for each consulting session.
- Rooms are checked at the end of each consulting session and left tidy and secure.