Elm Tree Surgery
This job is now closed
- We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Medical Receptionist to join our friendly, patient focused practice team at Elm Tree Surgery, Thornaby.
- We are a five-partner medical practice with a list size of 9000+ Having recently refurbished and expanded our current practice premises we now have the exciting opportunity of expanding our staff to include the following role:
- Medical Receptionist/Admin Assistant (part-time/full time, negotiable hours, salary negotiable dependent upon experience)
- Candidates must be efficient, self-motivated, organised, and IT literate. They will also need to have good communication skills, a good telephone manner, be flexible and have a positive attitude.
- Use S1 health records systems, and accurately enter information into the patient health record, booking appointments etc.
- You will be experienced in patient contact and have some understanding of signposting, and relaying information accurately.
- Be a team worker as well as working independently.
- Previous experience working within a GP Practice/Hospital/Clinical setting preferred.
Main duties of the job
Ensure an effective and efficient reception service is provided to patients and any other visitors to the practice
Deal with all general enquiries regarding medical advice request/medication queries and relay these to the Doctor.
Explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments.
Receive and make telephone calls as required. Divert calls and take messages, ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt appropriate delivery. Signpost calls.
Enter patient information on to the computer as required, ensuring that this is entered onto the correct patient. The information must be relevant and accurate
Please see Job Description for further details.
Elm Tree Surgery is a rapidly expanding five-Partner practice in purposely refurbished premises in Thornaby. We are a forward-looking and innovative teaching practice, providing more than just General Medical services. We are a high achieving QOF practice and have received a Good CQC rating. We believe in investing in people and have seen many members of staff go through various training courses to enhance their learning and the service offered to our patients.We have a clinical team of 5 GP Partners, 2 Salaried GPs, a team of Practice Nurses, a HCA, and a Phlebotomist.
The clinical team are supported by admin and reception
The practice provides a supportive and friendly environment with a focus on a tightly knit team that can rely on each other. If you have a good work ethic, can work independently, whilst being supported, and being supportive of your colleagues, then this is the place for you.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Medical Receptionist to join our friendly, patient focused practice team.
MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST/ADMIN ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST/ADMIN ASSISTANT
Reporting to: Practice Business Manager
To receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
To provide general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone, along with Receptionist/Admin duties as listed in Job responsibilities.
· Ensure an effective and efficient reception service is provided to patients and any other visitors to the practice
· Deal with all general enquiries regarding medical advice request/medication queries and relay these to the Doctor.
· Explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments.
· Receive and make telephone calls as required. Divert calls and take messages, ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt appropriate delivery.
· Enter patient information on to the computer as required, ensuring that this is entered onto the correct patient. The information must be relevant and accurate.
· Enter requests for home visits ensuring careful recording of all relevant details and pass these on to the Doctor within the appropriate timescale.
· Process repeat prescription requests and ensure that they are ready for collection by the patient within 48 hours, via electronic prescribing/printing.
· Hospital Mail/Post – open and stamp as received
· Using your own judgment and communication skills; ensure that patients with no prior appointment but who need urgent consultation are seen in a logical and non-disruptive manner and use signposting.
· Explain practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary care and ensure procedures are completed.
· Informing patients of the results of their pathology/radiology tests and filing these appropriately in the patient computer record.
· INR administration.
Scanned documents – administration of patient correspondence, reports, results, etc that are not electronic are to be scanned and matched onto the patient’s computer records before any pending appointments. Admin staff are responsible for the read-coding of these.
o Open up premises at the start of the day when first to arrive, de-activate alarm and make all necessary preparations to receive patients when required
o When last to leave at the end of the day, ensure that the building is totally secured, internal lights are off and the alarm activated when required
Make and serve refreshments, ensure the kitchen is kept clean and tidy and air and tidy the waiting room in turn with other staff.
· Undertake any other additional duties appropriate to the post as requested by the Partners, and Managers