Transforming Care of Older People (TCOP) Nurse
Kennet and Avon Medical Partnership
This job is now closed
We have an active Transforming Care of Older People (TCOP) Team that aims to proactively identify, manage and support frail and complex elderly patients to improve their quality of care and to release GP capacity by supporting these patients away from GP appointments. The team comprises a healthcare assistant and a social navigator led by the TCOP nurse. We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated experienced nurse to lead this Team.
Main duties of the job
Identify patients that would benefit from more intensive management of their long term conditions, assess them and provide individualised care. Work closely with local nursing and residential homes as well as assisted living providers to support patients in these settings, as well as those in their own home. Being an Independent Nurse Prescriber is desirable, but not essential.
You will work closely with all members of the practice team, community services, social care, voluntary sector organisations and wider multi-disciplinary teams. This is an exciting post and the successful applicant will continue to build on the successes of the TCOP team.
Kennet and Avon Medical Partnership is a larger than average practice with 17,500 patients, serving the towns of Marlborough and Pewsey and their surrounding rural environs in beautiful North East Wiltshire.
KAMP is an expanding and evolving practice, we strive to be a modern and model employer in supporting staff to better do their jobs. We recognise the importance of staff feeling valued and engaged. New staff are welcomed and supported to embed into the KAMP team and understand their contribution to the practice.
We believe we have a strong leadership team focussed on delivering optimal patient care. KAMP are participating in the GP Accelerate programme with 2 main aims - to smooth patient movement through the practice and to better support and motivate our staff to work towards our common purpose.
13 March 2023
Depending on experience
Full-time, Part-time, Flexible working, Compressed hours
Please see Job Description in supporting files for full details of this role, including the Person Specification.
- Experience of working with the general public specifically health promotion, experience of using own initiative and evidence of continuing professional development.
- Experience of working in a General Practice environment, evidence of recent updating in primary care.
- Working with TPP SystmOne clinical system an advantage
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- IT skills including Microsoft Office to at least basic level.
- Time management and proven ability to work to deadlines.
- Problem solving skills using diplomacy and tact.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of clinical governance and clinical audits.
- Good standard of general education to include GCSE Mathematics C or above (or equivalent) and GCSE English C or above (or equivalent).
- RGN qualification, current NMC registration and membership of the RCN or equivalent body.
- Nurse Prescribing qualification, accredited training in chronic disease management and anticoagulation management.
- A smart, polite and confident individual.
- An organised approach to work with the ability to plan, prioritise and balance conflicting demands.
- Adaptability and ability to work flexibly.
- Ability to use own initiative, judgement, resourcefulness and common sense.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as self-motivation to work autonomously.
- Understanding, acceptance and adherence to the need for strict confidentiality.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Kennet and Avon Medical Partnership
For questions about the job, contact:
Kennet and Avon Medical Partnership's privacy notice (opens in a new tab)