Business Finance Manager
Kennet and Avon Medical Partnership
This job is now closed
We are looking for an enthusiastic and forward-thinking person to join our friendly practice team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all elements of the practice finances and facilities for a busy, two site general practice.
Main duties of the job
- Preparation and maintenance of monthly accounts
- Maintaining the financial integrity of the accounting general ledger
- Budget preparation and monitoring against monthly reforecast and key performance indicators, undertaking financial risk management as required
- Analysis of both financial and non-financial information leading to insights needed to improve the profitability and performance of the business
- Maintenance, review and reforecast of cash flow, taking appropriate action to mitigate any problems
- Monthly payroll collation and processing, including pensions and HMRC
- VAT calculations and returns
- Commercial lead on Practice contracts
- Liaise with external Accountants in the production of annual Partnership accounts
- To oversee the Practice’s Facilities Management including Health & Safety
- To ensure the daily smooth running of the practice’s computer systems, making recommendations for improving the Practice’s IT systems and processes, and leading on training as required
- With the Practice Manager, develop internal control policies and procedures
- Team of two direct reports
Kennet and Avon Medical Partnership is a 17,500 patient practice serving the town of Marlborough and village of Pewsey in North East Wiltshire, and their surrounding rural environments. The practice is situated within the heart of the North Wessex Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty; has a range of excellent local schools and is close to the M4 and mainline railway services to London and the rest of the country.
The Partnership delivers care from two surgery buildings in Marlborough and Pewsey and also offers medical services to Marlborough College, Care Homes in the local area and Cotswold House, an inpatient eating disorder unit at Savernake Hospital.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details of this role and expectations.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.