Paramedic - PCN / General Practice
Abbey House Medical Practice
This job is now closed
We are looking to recruit a PCN paramedic to join our growing multi-disciplinary clinical team at Abbey House Medical Practice.
As a PCN Paramedic, you will be responsible for managing patients with minor illnesses as well as visiting care home and housebound patients presenting with acute problems.
We are a large practice based over 2 sites so there is never a dull moment - If you are looking for a job that offers great variety working within a friendly team, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
This is a permanent up to full-time position; up to 37.5 hours per week. Working pattern to be discussed agreed with the successful candidate - to include weekday afternoons up to 8pm and Saturday daytime.
Main duties of the job
Working closely with GPs and other primary care professionals, you will be responsible for the provision of holistic care for the patient population of Abbey House Medical Practice. This will include:
- Telephone triage
- Clinical assessment, diagnosis, investigations & initiation of prescriptions for treatment as necessary
- Advising on patient self-care, or referral to other services within predetermined guidelines.
We are looking for an experienced registered Paramedic with HCPC registration. Previous triage experience and knowledge of safeguarding issues & clinical governance are essential. Advanced Clinical Practitioner, Advanced Level functional assessment qualification or prescribing qualifications would be an advantage.
We are a large practice based over 2 sites in the small market town of Daventry, Northamptonshire with an outstanding CQC rating. Despite our large size, we pride ourselves in our team spirit and look forward to welcoming the new Paramedic to the surgery!
Hourly rate £19 - 22 per hour dependent on qualifications and experience.
Other employee benefits include 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays & the opportunity to enrol into the NHS Pension Scheme.
POST : Paramedic - PCN / General Practice
RESPONSIBLE TO : Clinical Director/Clinical Administrator (Clinically) / Deputy Practice Manager (AH) (Personnel)
RESPONSIBLE FOR : Working closely with GPs and other primary care professionals as an autonomous, accountable advanced paramedic practitioner for the provision of holistic care for the patient population of Abbey House Medical Practice. This will include telephone triage, clinical assessment, diagnosis, investigations, initiation of prescription for treatment as necessary, advising on patient self-care, or referral to other services within predetermined guidelines without automatic reference to a medical practitioner.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE
1. Working in accordance with practice and local policies, ensuring that all work and procedures are undertaken in accordance with issued guidelines and protocols.
2. Working from the surgery and within communities as an autonomous practitioner caring for patients and families with a holistic approach.
3. Assessing, diagnosing and treating patients presenting with minor illness/ailments through clinical triage ensuring clinical practice is safe, effective and remains within boundaries of competence acknowledging limitations and seeking help appropriately.
4. Undertaking the collection of pathological specimens including intravenous blood samples, swabs etc. Perform investigatory procedures as requested by the GPs.
5. Initiating any further investigations where appropriate making any necessary referrals to other members of the primary health care team or liaising with patients registered GP with queries regarding any secondary care referrals as necessary.
6. Prescribing/issuing medications as appropriate following policy, patient group directives and local pathways.
7. Maintaining accurate, contemporaneous healthcare records appropriate to the consultation.
8. Actively promote self-care and provide opportunistic health promotion.
9. Ensuring collection and maintenance of statistical information required for regular and ad hoc reports, QOF and audit.
10. Ensuring evidenced-based care is delivered at the highest standards, working collaboratively with the MDT to improve and deliver high quality patient care.
11. Enhancement of own performance through Continuous Professional Development, imparting own knowledge and behaviour to meet the needs of the service.
12. Achievement of agreed standards of personal and professional development in order to meet the needs of the service.
13. Formally and informally impart knowledge and skills to colleagues promoting peer review and best practice within the work environment.
14. Participation in the education and training of registrars and students of all disciplines and the introduction of all members of the practice staff where appropriate
15. The ability to communicate at all levels within the team ensuring an effective service is delivered.
16. The ability to contribute positively to the effectiveness and efficiency of the team and work colleagues.
17. The attendance and participation in practice meetings as required.
18. Any other duties that may be required and agreed by the Doctors and Management Team.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Abbey House Medical Practice
For questions about the job, contact:
13 May 2022
£19 to £22 an hour