St Andrews Health Centre
This job is now closed
We are currently recruiting for 2 Receptionist (Patient Assistant) positions:
Desirable : EMIS WEB experience or NHS Experience
Salary: £11.05 per - The Living Wage rate applies to all employees
Interview: Will be held at St Andrews Health Centre
All our applicants must 18 and above
Post 1: 40 Hours a week
Weekly Hours 40
- Monday 10.30 to 18.30
- Tuesday 7.45 to 3.45
- Wednesday 7.45 to 3.45
- Thursday 10.30 to 18.30
- Friday 7.45 to 3.45
Post 2: Weekly Hours 40
- Monday 12 to 8
- Tuesday 10.30 to 18.30
- Wednesday 12 to 8
- Thursday 12 to 8
- Friday 7.45 to 3.45
Interviews will take place on 2nd August 2022
The post holder will:
Be responsible to the Surgery Coordinator for their actions, responsibilities and work
In conjunction with the Surgery Coordinator, identify his/her own training and development needs and participate in periodic appraisals.
Main duties of the job
- Care of patients
- Process requests for repeat prescriptions according to practice guidelines
- Book interpreter/advocates as requested
- If possible assist with interpreting as necessary
- Process requests for patient transport
- Deal with patient samples in a clinically safe manner
- Promote and maintain high levels of hygiene and control of clinical infection are in place
- Encourage patients to engage with the practice through making comments and suggestions through patient questionnaire and other ways of getting patient feedback
- To be a first point of contact for patients requiring general information relating to the practice, procedures, registration finance etc
- Post should be opened, stamped, and sorted to the appropriate persons
- Deliveries should be received, signed for and stored appropriately
- Notes should be made up and stored appropriately
- Fees for non-NHS services should be received and appropriately recorded
- Filing, scanning and retrieval of paperwork
- Registrations and deductions
- Information entered on the clinical system should be clear and accurate.
- To provide general administrative support as required
- Provide cover for members of the team during episodes of sickness or annual leave
We are Bromley by Bow Health – We do more than providing NHS General Practice Services. We are at the cutting edge of community development work in health care and believe that health is so much more than the absence of disease.
The Bromley By Bow Health Partnership is currently seeking a Patient Assistant to join our very busy practice of 14,500 patients at St Andrews Health Centre.
Patient Assistant (Receptionist)
Our Patient Assistant team is the first point of contact for our patients and other visitors to the practice. As such, members of the PA team must maintain high standards of professionalism and friendliness.
To support the Partners and CEO in delivering the Vision, Mission and Values of the Bromley by Bow Health partnership.
To be the front face of the organisation and provide outstanding service to patients.
In particular to have responsibility for
Contact with patients in reception, through phones or via digital means
Continuity of care
The post holder occupies a particular position of responsibility and trust, as they have access to sensitive patient, staff and business information. The post holder should have excellent organisational skills and have the ability to work as part of a team and also on their own initiative.
Core Tasks and functions
Contact with patients
Provide an excellent first experience of the service by a professional and welcoming manner whenever in contact with patients in person, on the phone or through electronic communication
Provide an excellent experience of the surgery by maintaining the waiting area to a high standard and ensuring that all information materials on display are relevant, accessible and up to date
Ensure that measures to promote and maintain high levels of hygiene and control of clinical infection are in place
Engagement with patients
Encourage patients to engage with the practice through making comments and suggestions
Actively promote the patient questionnaire and other ways of getting patient feedback
We are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better patient outcomes. We welcome applications irrespective of people's age, disability, sex, gender identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances. We have policies and procedures in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process, including the consideration of reasonable adjustments for people who have a disability or who find it difficult to undertake interviews.
Our values are simple: be compassionate; be a friend; have fun; assume it’s possible.
If these values resonate with you, please join us!
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).