Salaried GP - Maternity Leave Cover
Allerton Medical Centre
This job is now closed
We are looking for 4-8 sessions salaried GP to join our supportive, friendly and forward thinking team and cover the maternity leave of our lovely salaried GP colleagues! We are a dynamic, family-friendly surgery, who value our employees and protect our work/life balance. We are pretty flexible about days but will give preference to someone who can work on a Friday.
We are looking for someone to start mid-January 2023 and we envisage the maternity leave lasting about 9 months.
We welcome newly qualified or an experienced GP or retainer.
If you'd like to talk to us, please contact Dr Melissa Tasou (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via 0113 295 3460.
Main duties of the job
Flexible start/finish time and mixture of clinic types to keep sessions varied. Low visits.
Total triage, document management and care navigation means low admin to clinical team.
Full admin team support
Practice pharmacist team for prescription queries and tasks, meds reviews and hypertension clinics.
Full PCN team support - PCN pharmacist, Care home Coordinator, social prescriber & link workers present in same building.
Extended Access support - Healthy Minds practitioner, Virtual MSK & meds management, Saturday Hub with GP / Nurse/HCA appointments run by Leeds GP Confederation.
Weekly clinical meetings, daily coffee catch up meetings
Capped contacts 15 per session and ensure manageable workload, no admin on clinic days as covered by dedicated and protected admin GP/pharmacist.
Negotiable hours and salary dependent on experience and additional roles
- Diverse patient population over 2 sites close together in North Leeds: Chapel Allerton and Chapeltown
- GMS Contract - 3 GP Partners, 3 salaried GPs, 1 ACP, 2 Clinical Pharmacist, 3 Practice Nurses, 2 HCAs and 1 phlebotomist. Apprentice Nurse Associate.
- We are committed to exploring technology and new ways of working such as online and group consultations.
- 9,600 patients
- S1 supported by Ardens
- PCN Co-Lead PCN Practice Manager. LMC Rep.
- BMA model contract - 7 weeks leave/indemnity and pension
- Total triage, care navigation and document management in place.
- Encourage portfolio GPs and career development, commitment to CPD/opportunity to progress to partnership if desired.
- Experienced Mentor if required.
- Excellent business manager and HR support.
To support the GP partners and colleagues in the Practice to manage a busy, interesting clinical caseload.
To work as part of a full practice team that values contribution from all roles and engages to mutually support each other to provide the best patient experience.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).