Allerton Medical Centre
This job is now closed
We are looking for a Practice Nurse to join our current team of 2 Practice Nurses and 2 HCAs, supported by a Nurse Associate apprentice and one of our Patient Support team who also works as a phlebotomist. Ideally we are looking for someone to work between 22-37.5 hours a week to include Friday but we will work with the right candidate to find a mutually agreed rota.
We strongly encourage all interested applicants to come to the practice and meet the team as part of the application process.
We serve a diverse patient population with a wide range of healthcare needs. Its a great opportunity to use all of your skills and knowledge to make a difference to their lives and support them to live healthily and well.
Main duties of the job
We are looking for an experienced practice nurse with Long Term Condition Management and a passion for supporting patients with diabetes and/or respiratory conditions. Youll be working both face to face and over the telephone to deliver treatment room services, long term condition reviews, smears and vaccination/immunisations.
We are also happy to meet candidates who are still progressing in their training towards full LTC management. Ideally, you'll already have some general practice skills under your belt - preferably vaccinations and immunisations and smears. We can offer support in your ongoing development from our experienced Nurse team.
We are a medium-sized based across two sites that are located very closely. We aim to provide our patients with continuity of care, building on our combined strengths. We have a deep-seated commitment to our patients and staff, believing in supporting our colleagues to deliver their best. We support both individual staff development and regular team time together to celebrate success and keep improving. Our nurses and HCAs are highly valued as a core part of the practice team.
We offer support to student nurses on placement in the practice as well as encouraging our own team to develop.
We believe in supporting our staff to work safely to deliver excellent care while preserving work/life balance for all.
We are part of a small and committed PCN groups of 3 practices who work closely together, including quarterly Network meetings for all of the nursing teams.
10,000 patients, 2 sites. 3 GP Partners, 3 salaried GPs, 1 ACP, 2 Clinical Pharmacist, 3 PNs, 2 HCAs and 1 apprentice Nurse Associate. S1 practice.
• Assess, plan, develop, implement and evaluate individual plans of care to promote health and well-being, and prevent adverse effects on health and well-being
• Experience of long- term conditions management, such as diabetes management, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthma and be familiar with collaborative care support planning within primary care.
• Identify and manage as appropriate, treatment plans for patients at risk of developing a long-term condition
• Support and advise women requesting information relating to family planning needs and those presenting for cervical cytology consultations
• Implement and participate in vaccination and immunisation programmes for both adults and children- including vaccinations for those travelling abroad
• Administer medications or injections as per prescription, patient group directions or patient specific directions.
• Participate in support and supervision of students and junior nursing staff in clinics. Referring any concerns or development needs to their mentor or clinical service manager.
• Contribute to primary care network development and hub working for nursing services.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).