Allerton Medical Centre
This job is now closed
We are looking for 4-8 sessions salaried GP to join our supportive, friendly and forward thinking team. We are a dynamic, family-friendly surgery, who value our employees and would like to expand our team. We are flexible about working patterns but we ask all clinicians to work either a Monday or a Friday.
We welcome newly qualified or an experienced GP or retainer.
If you'd like to talk to us, please contact Dr Melissa Tasou (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via 0113 295 3460.
Main duties of the job
Flexible start/finish time and mixture of clinic types to keep sessions varied. Low visits.
Total triage, document management and care navigation means low admin to clinical team.
Full admin team support
Practice pharmacist for prescription queries and tasks
Full PCN team support - PCN pharmacist, Care home Coordinator, social prescriber & link workers present in same building.
Extended Access support - Healthy Minds practitioner, Virtual MSK & meds management, Saturday Hub with GP / Nurse/HCA appointments run by Leeds GP Confederation.
Weekly clinical meetings, daily coffee catch up meetings
Capped contacts 15 per session and ensure manageable workload, no admin on clinic days as covered by dedicated and protected admin GP/pharmacist.
Negotiable hours and salary dependent on experience and additional roles
- Diverse patient population over 2 sites close together in North Leeds: Chapel Allerton and Chapeltown
- GMS Contract - 3 GP Partners, 3 salaried GPs, 1 ACP, 2 Clinical Pharmacist, 3 Practice Nurses, 2 HCAs and 1 phlebotomist. Apprentice Nurse Associate.
- We are committed to exploring technology and new ways of working such as online and group consultations.
- 10,000 patients
- S1 supported by Ardens
- PCN Co-Lead PCN Practice Manager. LMC Rep.
- BMA model contract - 7 weeks leave/indemnity and pension
- Total triage, care navigation and document management in place.
- Encourage portfolio GPs and career development, commitment to CPD/opportunity to progress to partnership if desired.
- Experienced Mentor if required.
- Excellent business manager and HR support.
To support the GP partners in the Practice to manage a busy, interesting clinical caseload. The appointee will also have the opportunity to take part in leading on key disease areas (monitoring trends in treatment, staff training and prescribing) and assist in developing appropriate healthcare services for a diverse suburban patient list; Including Directed Enhanced Services commissioning, patient participation and health promotion.
To adopt, adapt and exploit the clinical systems, digital solutions and new ways of working such as online consultations, group consultations, text and email communication to engage with patients in their care.
To work as part of a full practice team that values contribution from all roles and engages to mutually support each other to provide the best patient experience.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).