The Corbett Medical Practice
This job is now closed
Join our friendly team in our modern purpose-built GP practice in Droitwich Spa.
This role involves cleaning a range of clinical and administrative rooms towards the end of the core working day. Typical hours are from 5pm-7pm or 5-7:30 pm each evening from Monday to Friday.
Working as part of a long established and dedicated practice cleaning team, our cleaners are very much part of our Practice family.
Main duties of the job
The role involves daily cleaning of all clinical, patient and office areas of the practice: vacuuming or mopping floors, wiping down surfaces, emptying bins, dusting skirting boards and ledges, cleaning toilets and re-filling dispensers.
Stock checks for levels of cleaning supplies and marking off cleaning checklists is also needed.
We are a busy, thriving practice offering a wide range of primary care services for 13,600 patients locally and are looking for a new cleaner to join our experienced team.
Our cleaners are included and respected as valued members of the whole practice team and make an essential contribution to the practice and our patients and staff - we couldn't do it with out them!
Responsible to the Building and Facilities Manager
Job Summary:To provide a comprehensive cleaning service for the practice premises
- Tidying and cleaning the office areas and corridors including cleaning, closing and locking windows, emptying waste paper bins, wiping desks and surfaces, vacuuming and mopping floors, cleaning skirting boards, transferring office waste to outside bins etc.
- Cleaning clinical areas including safe handling of clinical waste (full training provided)
- Cleaning toilets, including replenishing toilet roles, hand towels, liquid soap etc.
- Collecting from consulting rooms any patient-sensitive information and disposing of it appropriately
- Setting of the alarm (when Building and Facilities Manager is on leave)
- Checking levels of supplies
- Adapt to any changes brought about by CQC registration and changing protocols
- Completing cleaning checklist schedules
Special requirements of the post
- Flexible hours to cross cover other staff absence plus any extra cleaning tasks when required
- Occasional weekend work may be required
- Understands, accepts and complies with the Practices health and safety policy
- Understands, accepts and complies with the Practices security procedures
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
The Corbett Medical Practice
For help with your application, contact:
17 August 2021
£8.91 an hour
Part-time, Flexible working