Castle Meadows Surgery
This job is now closed
We are looking for an experienced Receptionist to work 23 hours per week at our Surgery.
Castle Meadows Surgery is a busy GP Practice who provide care to the local community.
Castle Meadows Surgery will provide appropriate training and support to the successful applicant.
Main duties of the job
The successful applicant will project a friendly and positive image to patients. He/She will be outgoing and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.They will ensure that Reception and administration services are managed effectively
Castle Meadow has 3 G.P.'S,2 Advanced Nurse Practitioners,2 Nurses, a Practice Manager, a Business Manager, a Secretary and a Team of Reception Staff.The Reception Team work closely in an organised,efficient environment.
REPORTS TO: Practice Manager
HOURS: 23 hours per week
Greet, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
Provide general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone
- Greeting patients in a friendly manner
- Showing patients how to use the self-check in screens
- Consulting with members of practice team
- Handing completed repeat prescriptions to patient and checking names and address.
- Be able to cover all reception position as necessary
- To have a thorough knowledge of all Practice procedures.
- To work in accordance of written protocols
- Pulling/filing notes as necessary
- Scanning letters in medical records and coding on clinical system
- Fax and photocopy as requested
- Calling service users and service providers to chase results, letters, appointments etc.
- Summarising patient records
- Responsibility for Docman
- Process appointment requests from patients by telephone and in person.
- Recording all appointment requests using the telephone triage template, ensuring appointments are booked with the most appropriate clinician
- Deal with home visits requests
- Registrations of new patients computer data entry and medical records.
- Process patients change of address
- Process repeat prescription request in accordance with practice guidelines.
- Have working knowledge of telephone system, during and after hours.
- Ensure consulting rooms have adequate prescriptions, necessary equipment, resources and paperwork before surgery starts
- Clear rooms after surgeries
- Ensure building security have thorough knowledge of doors/windows/alarm.
- Any other tasks allocated by managers
- In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately
- In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential.
- Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
Health & Safety:
The post-holder will assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others health, safety and security as defined in the practice Health & Safety Policy, to include:
- Using personal security systems within the workplace according to practice guidelines
- Identifying the risks involved in work activities and undertaking such activities in a way that manages those risks
- Making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills
- Using appropriate infection control procedures, maintaining work areas in a tidy and safe way and free from hazards
- Reporting potential risks identified.
Equality and Diversity:
The post-holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues, to include:
- Acting in a way that recognizes the importance of peoples rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with practice procedures and policies, and current legislation
- Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues
- Behaving in a manner which is welcoming to and of the individual, is non-judgmental and respects their circumstances, feelings priorities and rights.
The post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the practice as part of this employment, training will include e-learning and access to blue stream training will be provided. Training to include:
- Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development through an appraisal.
- Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work.
The post-holder will strive to maintain quality within the practice, and will:
- Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk
- Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the teams performance
- Work effectively with individuals in other agencies to meet patients needs
- Effectively manage own time, workload and resources.
The post-holder should recognise the importance of effective communication within the team and will strive to:
- Communicate effectively with other team members
- Communicate effectively with patients and carers
- Recognise peoples needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly.
Contribution to the Implementation of Services:
The post-holder will:
- Apply practice policies, standards and guidance
- Discuss with other members of the team how the policies, standards and guidelines will affect own work
- Participate in audit where appropriate.
Prepared by: Andrew Ball
Title: Practice Manager
Date: June 2020