Dr Mittal & Partners
This job is now closed
We are seeking an enthusiastic, dynamic and experienced Clinical Pharmacist with excellent clinical skills to join our friendly supportive team.
You will work as part of the Practice Team to resolve day-to-day medicine issues and consult with and treat patients directly. This includes advice for those on multiple medications and better access to health checks. The role is pivotal to improving the quality of care ensuring patient safety.
The successful candidate will
- work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a patient facing role, managing chronic and acute conditions.
- undertake clinical medication reviews to proactively manage patients with complex polypharmacy
- provide support to general practice staff in relation to prescription and medication queries, repeat prescription system, medicines reconciliation
- provide clinical leadership on medicines optimisation and quality improvement
Main duties of the job
Ideal candidates must have
- excellent organisational, communication and IT skills
- a friendly and positive attitude
You must also be
- a team player
- open and polite
This is an exciting opportunity to join a forward thinking team to deliver exceptional services to our patients. The practice is actively engaged in the local Alliance.
Part time or full time applications will be considered for this post. Informal visits are welcome so please contact us if you would like to arrange this.
Our supportive and friendly team operates across 3 sites close to Reading Town Centre.
We have 20,000 patients with 9 GPs, a Nurse Practitioner, 4 Clinical Pharmacists, a pharmacy technician, 2 Paramedics, 2 Practice Nurses and 3 HCAs. The surgery received a rating of "Good" following it's most recent CQC inspection.
Please see the supporting documents for the job description for this role later in this advertisement.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).