Birtley Medical Group
This job is now closed
Birtley Medical Group is currently looking to recruit a permanent full time Medical Administrator to work at our practice in Gateshead. As well as assisting with quality improvement indicators e.g., QOF targets, the post holder will be responsible for coding of patient documents & records as well as other information received by the practice for entry to patients' medical records. This is a key role which will help the smooth running of the practice
Main duties of the job
Working as part of a team, the role is to provide administration support. Ensuring any incoming communication is actioned in a timely fashion, records are kept up to date and targets are being met, with data entry of the documents received, including coding of clinical details to patient records, so that patient care can be accurately monitored during the course of the patient's care
The candidate must have experience in a healthcare setting and be familiar with clinical I.T. systems. Knowledge of medical terminology is essential.
We are a successful and dynamic practice, providing GP services to around 16k patients. We welcome your application for this exciting opportunity to work with our enthusiastic, well trained and experienced administration team, providing essential support to our patients and clinical colleagues at the surgery
Main Duties/Key Tasks:
1. Reviewing medical records and producing an accurate summary of the patient’s medical history
2. Read Coding the information into the practice clinical system
3. Auditing data collection standards in the practice
4. Monitoring progress of notes summarising against practice targets
5. Navigating software systems to identify results and support audit trails
6. Respond to telephone enquiries, and emails promptly
7. Extraction of necessary data from clinical correspondence and input into electronic patient record.
8. Summarisation of patient’s notes when requested.
9. Carrying out searches, audits and recalls as required by the doctors, nurses and manager.
10. Pro-actively initiate data quality improvement projects
11. Set up and run clinical searches
12. Ensure accurate report output
13. Interrogate data for audit purposes
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.