Scheduling Lead Administrator
Gloucester Road Medical Centre
This job is now closed
The practice is entering a really exciting phase of expansion and we are keen to recruit enthusiastic new staff who would welcome the opportunity to develop with us.
We are advertising for a Scheduling Lead Adminstrator to support our wonderful patients and staff. Working hours are currently part-time and are negotiable within surgery opening hours which are 8am-7pm Monday to Friday. There may also be a requirement for occasional half-days on a Saturday.
If you are interested and would like to know more please get in touch on 0117 949 7774 or visit our practice website.
Main duties of the job
Experience of organising appointment schedules within a clinical environment is essential. Knowledge and experience of using EMIS web appointment book would be a distinct advantage. Experience of working within a GP surgery within office administration/customer service will be an advantage.
Gloucester Road Medical Centre is a large, friendly GP Practice just off the Gloucester Road (A38) in North Bristol. The surgery is purpose-built, close to local amenities, with onsite parking and bus services nearby. Shower facilities and a bike shed are also available for staff with a keen interest in exercise!
We pride ourselves in offering a high standard of customer service to our patients; offering a large range of in-house health services and close working relationships with community services to suit our patient needs.
In return we offer you a competitive salary, a welcoming and vibrant working environment, training opportunities and a great team of colleagues focused whole heartedly on patient care.
JOB DESCRIPTION Scheduling Lead Administrator
*** NEW POST***
JOB TITLE: Scheduling Lead Administrator
REPORTS TO: Patient Service Manager
Responsible for: None
HOURS: 22.5 Hours per week (0.6 FTE)
Salary range 24 - 26,000 per annum, (FTE)
The scheduling lead administrator works with both the patient service manager and clinical leads for the service areas to organise and maintain our appointment system and plan and arrange staff cover.
The role will work within parameters set by the group but also be responsible for good communication between all staff which may involve raising queries and spotting pinch points and issues.
The role requires a high level of organisational and IT skills and ability to communicate at all levels as well as make decisions where needed.
To log and maintain the clinical appointment book system as directed by the clinical leads and to meet our overall staffing level aims.
To lead on writing and maintaining guides and protocols for these minimum staffing in order to set and maintain a safe level of cover.
To It meet regularly with clinical link managers (nursing, GP, urgent Care) to agree and resolve and foreseeable staffing issues and agree solutions.
Quarterly meetings with team plus an annual review process
To produce rotas for on call provision across the teams and liaise with staff as needed, working three months ahead where possible
To maintain an annual overview of clinical team capacity and review any pinch points against previous years to learn and adapt systems as appropriate
To record and administer annual leave for the clinical team on an ongoing basis
To record and / or manage the allocation of room spaces and hot desks to ensure best use of the building using systems that staff can access daily as needed (service team leaders will support this as required also)
To seek regular feedback from all the teams and initiate smaller changes where needed on an on- going basis in addition to quarterly and annual review
Be the contact person for arranging bank staffing / locum cover linking with colleagues where needed
To be part of annual review with the service manager and the clinical leads that will contribute to: -
Agreed minimum staffing levels
Appointment book principles
Modifications due to service or team changes
Types of access and balance between face to face, online, telephone
Have full understanding of appointment system
Have a working knowledge of all software and hardware
Deal with IT problems when required
Add users to the clinical system including any new clinical staff engaged, including locums
Provide training to staff in use of computer system as required, being part of IT troubleshooting team approach
- In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately
- In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, Practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the Practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
- Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the Practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the Practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data
Health & Safety:
- Routine management of own team / team areas, and maintenance of work space standards
Equality and Diversity:
The post-holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues, to include:
- Acting in a way that recognizes the importance of peoples rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with Practice procedures and policies, and current legislation
- Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues
- Behaving in a manner which is welcoming to and of the individual, is non-judgmental and respects their circumstances, feelings priorities and rights.
The post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the Practice as part of this employment, such training to include:
- Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development
- Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work
The post-holder will strive to maintain quality within the Practice, and will:
- Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk
- Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the teams performance
- Work effectively with individuals in other agencies to meet patients needs
- Effectively manage own time, workload and resources
The post-holder should recognize the importance of effective communication within the team and will strive to:
- Communicate effectively with other team members
- Communicate effectively with patients and carers
- Recognize peoples needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly
Gloucester Road Medical Centre
For help with your application, contact:
16 June 2021
£24,000 to £26,000 a year