Prescriptions Team Leader
Gloucester Road Medical Centre
This job is now closed
The practice is entering a really exciting phase of expansion and we are keen to recruit enthusiastic new staff who would welcome the opportunity to develop with us.
We are advertising for a Prescriptions Team Leader to support our wonderful patients and staff. Working hours are currently part-time and are negotiable within surgery opening hours which are 8am-7pm Monday to Friday. There may also be a requirement for occasional half-days on a Saturday.
If you are interested and would like to know more please get in touch on 0117 949 7774 or visit our practice website.
Main duties of the job
Experience of processing prescriptions and dealing with more complex non-clinical prescription queries within a medical environment is essential. Experience of office administration/ customer service will be an advantage.
Gloucester Road Medical Centre is a large, friendly GP Practice just off the Gloucester Road (A38) in North Bristol. The surgery is purpose-built, close to local amenities, with onsite parking and bus services nearby. Shower facilities and a bike shed are also available for staff with a keen interest in exercise!
We pride ourselves in offering a high standard of customer service to our patients; offering a large range of in-house health services and close working relationships with community services to suit our patient needs.
In return we offer you a competitive salary, a welcoming and vibrant working environment, training opportunities and a great team of colleagues focused whole heartedly on patient care.
JOB DESCRIPTION Team Leader (non- clinical)
** NEW POST **
JOB TITLE: Team Leader (Prescriptions)
REPORTS TO: Service Manager
Salary In the range of £24 26,500 per annum (FTE)
HOURS: 18-20 Hours per week
This post holder also works as part of their core prescriptions team for at least 10 hours per week.
This team leader post will work alongside their colleagues in delivering the service part of the week, as well as having protected management time for team co-ordination and support.
The role works with and reports to the Service Manager who will support and coach them with developing their team, where appropriate this may involve joint appraisal meetings and support with managing day to day staffing issues
- Work as a team to ensure adequate staffing for patient document services team as directed by Service Manager
- Cross cover with other team leaders as required as part of a management team approach (for example may be asked to link with additional team while colleague is away as a back-up)
- Create and share admin team rotas with team and wider Practice to ensure good communication and best use of desk areas and workstations, distribution of leave and recording of any absences
- Monitor day to day incoming workload, prioritise where needed
- On the job training for admin staff including buddying / shadowing new staff and taking them through probationary process and checklists
- Completing annual review with direct reports
- Develop best practice for the management of prescribing including developing systems and processes, being part of quality improvement groups, linking where appropriate with the lead GP
- Work collaboratively with the pharmacy team for clear understanding of the roles each holds in the system and how we all work together. (linking with the senior / lead pharmacist)
- Process repeat medication requests from patients, communicating where needed with both patients and staff.
- adding and amending information to medical records as indicated by clinical letters or through requests from colleagues
- To minimise medicines wastage by aligning and updating prescribing
- To work across a small team on an number of quality improvement project ideas including close work with pharmacist team
- To work with care homes and retail pharmacies to joint aims and in the interest of improved patient journey and patient care.
- In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately
- In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, Practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the Practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
- Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the Practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the Practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data
Health & Safety:
- Routine management of own team / team areas, and maintenance of work space standards
Equality and Diversity:
The post-holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues, to include:
- Acting in a way that recognizes the importance of peoples rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with Practice procedures and policies, and current legislation
- Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues
- Behaving in a manner which is welcoming to and of the individual, is non-judgmental and respects their circumstances, feelings priorities and rights.
The post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the Practice as part of this employment, such training to include:
- Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development
- Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work
The post-holder will strive to maintain quality within the Practice, and will:
- Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk
- Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the teams performance
- Work effectively with individuals in other agencies to meet patients needs
- Effectively manage own time, workload and resources
The post-holder should recognize the importance of effective communication within the team and will strive to:
- Communicate effectively with other team members
- Communicate effectively with patients and carers
- Recognize peoples needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly
Gloucester Road Medical Centre
For help with your application, contact:
14 June 2021
£24,000 to £26,500 a year
Part-time, Flexible working