Newington Road Surgery
This job is now closed
This role is a remarkable opportunity for an already experienced General Practitioner or a newly qualified General Practitioner looking to get stuck into the primary care industry.
Main duties of the job
Your responsibilities as a General Practitioner;
The following are the core responsibilities of the General Practitioner. There may be on occasion, a requirement to carry out other tasks; this will be dependent upon factors such as workload and staffing levels:
- Perform clinical examinations of patients to assess, diagnose and monitor conditions
- Carry out patient consultations at home and within the surgery
- Monitor patients' conditions and wellbeing
- Carry out clinical examinations
- Diagnose and treat various illnesses/ailments
- Carry out minor surgery where required
- Take part in practice management and administration
- Liaise with other healthcare professionals (e.g., midwives, pharmacists, health visitors and psychiatrists) as part of multidisciplinary teams
Overview of your organisation
What were looking for in a General Practitioner;
- Member of the GMC Register
- Experience of working in a primary care and urgent care environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills written, verbal & particularly listening
- A clear understanding of professional responsibility and accountability
- Good clinical skills in assessment, diagnosis and management of acute Primary care presentations
We would be happy to consider a relocation package for the right candidate within the UK.
If you would like to be considered for this exciting General Practitioner role, please forward your most recent CV with your supporting statement.
Alternatively, if you would like to have a confidential discussion surrounding this role, please contact Michaela on 07469 972033 or email email@example.com
The successful post-holder will manage a caseload and deal with a wide range of health needs in a primary care setting, ensuring the highest standards of care for all registered and temporary patients.
In accordance with the practice timetable, as agreed, the post-holder will make themselves available to undertake a variety of duties, including surgery consultations, telephone consultations and queries, visiting patients at home, checking and signing repeat prescriptions and dealing with queries, paperwork and correspondence in a timely fashion.
- An autonomous consultor
- 10-minute consultations x 15 slots morning and 15 slots afternoon
- Share of home visits
- Able to manage acute presentations
- Able to manage chronic conditions
- Able to order appropriate investigations (bloods/radiology).
- Able to refer appropriately to secondary care or organise emergency admissions.
- Share of admin: clinical letters which require actioning/filing.
- Able to file pathology results
- Able to see all age groups
- No restrictions on prescribing
- Able to see pregnant women in regards non pregnancy related issues.
- Able to deal with mental health presentation
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).