Rural Alliance PCN Manager
This job is now closed
The Rural Alliance is looking for a Primary Care Network Manager to work for the PCN which is made up of 6 friendly like-minded GP Practices within rural Cheshire.
The PCN Manager will deliver on a wide range of business, project management, data submission and improvement initiatives across the primary care locality providing strategic and operational transformation, support and leadership.
The successful candidate will work flexibly to support the PCN Clinical Director, the Practice Managers and the PCN practices to create a fully-functioning and continually developing Primary Care Network. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, self-motivated and dynamic and who has the ability to effectively communicate and engage with staff at all levels. Strong organisation, management experience and flexibility are key qualities required for this role. The applicant must be able to handle changing demands effectively and prioritise workload to ensure appropriate deadlines are met.
The role holder will have excellent organisational, communication and influencing skills. They will be confident in business and contractual administration. They will be competent and confident using IT systems for the collection, analysis, presentation and use of data and ideally will have an ambitious can-do solution-focused attitude.
Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will:
- have overall responsibility for the management of the network and will provide both operational and strategic management across the PCN; working closely with the PCN Clinical Director and the PCN Board members to achieve success.
- work to develop the PCN strategic plan.
- develop operational systems and reporting processes, ensuring the objectives identified by the PCN Board are delivered.
- be responsible for the delivery and monitoring of projects and services committed or commissioned in line with the PCN Network Contract DES and the PCN’s local priorities.
- Be responsible for the PCN finances, provide data and information to ensure budget monitoring and cash flow, reconciliation of payments and provide assurance to the network and/or commissioners relating to PCN spending.
- strive to develop strong working relationships with the practices and a wide range of healthcare partners and stakeholders.
- represent the PCN in a variety of forums and deputise for the Clinical Director as required.
- travel between network practices and to other venues for meetings, etc. will be required from time to time.
The Rural Alliance PCN is a group of 6 rural practices in West Cheshire working collaboratively to serve 41,000 patients. The 6 practices are Bunbury Medical Centre; Kelsall Medical Practice; Malpas Surgery; Drs Adey & Dancy, Tarporley; Dr Campbell & Partners, Tarporley Health Centre and The Village Surgeries Group. We work closely with our Community Care Team and Tarporley War Memorial Hospital and look after 5 Nursing Homes.
The successful candidate will work alongside the Clinical Director, GPs, Practice Managers and other practice staff. Our vision is to provide new services to our patients, by employing a range of additional roles, including, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, physiotherapists, social prescribers and mental health workers. The aim is to make sure our patients see the right person in the right place at the right time.
All practices are committed to working together to provide new models of care and we are supported by a proactive and responsive ICP. We pride ourselves in providing the best care for our patients and offering mentorship and development to those who work with us.
The PCN Manager will be employed by and based at Malpas Surgery. However they will be expected to visit and work at all 6 practices to understand how each unique practice operates and to foster good relationships. Employment of the post on the same terms and conditions will move to the new PCN Company when this is formed in 2023.
Please see attached the full Job Description and Person Specification. Please detail how you meet these requirements in you application.