This job is now closed
Full-time or Part-time Considered
We have a vacancy for an enthusiastic, motivated and hard working receptionist to join our busy practice. The successful candidate will be a friendly, organised person with an excellent telephone manner.
Main duties of the job
Duties will include dealing with patients by telephone and face to face projecting a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors to the practice. Previous experience of working in General Practice and Reception would be a distinct advantage, however full training will be given.
The job includes significant amounts of multi-tasking with the ability to be compassionate.
The successful candidate will be flexible and reliable with the ability to work under pressure to compliment our experienced and dedicated team.
Linthorpe Surgery is a busy, forward thinking practice who prides itself on providing excellent patient care to our 20,000 patients.
We have 9 GP partners, 3 Salaried GPs, 4 Clinical Practitioners, 3 Practice Nurses, 2 HCAs and a superb group of highly committed and enthusiastic administrative and reception staff.
Wide and varied role, which will include some or all the following tasks: -
To answer incoming telephone calls and gather sufficient information about the nature of the call to enable a safe and efficient triage decision by either the Care Navigator or Triage GP
Complete full e-LITE with sufficient information to help Triage GP make a clinical decision
To manage incoming e-consults via the Smart In-box
Contact patients requiring a same day appointment
Prioritise e-consults to pass to triage GP
Booking Appointments / Administration:
To manage the assigned e-consults to an appropriate waiting list (for remote booking or routine telephone) and to book all same-day appointments by telephone or remotelyTo liaise with Care Navigation Hub Manager regarding capacity and number of calls in queue
To book all same-day appointments assigned by the Triage GP (telephone or F2F)
To book all routine appointments assigned by the Triage GP (telephone or F2F)
- In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately
- In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, Practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the Practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
- Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the Practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the Practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data
Health & Safety:
The post-holder will assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others health, safety and security as defined in the Practice Health & Safety Policy, to include:
- Using personal security systems within the workplace according to Practice guidelines
- Identifying the risks involved in work activities and undertaking such activities in a way that manages those risks
- Making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills
- Using appropriate infection control procedures, maintaining work areas in a tidy and safe way and free from hazards
- Reporting potential risks identified
Equality and Diversity:
The post-holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues, to include:
- Acting in a way that recognizes the importance of peoples rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with Practice procedures and policies, and current legislation
- Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues
- Behaving in a manner which is welcoming to and of the individual, is non-judgmental and respects their circumstances, feelings priorities and rights.
The post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the Practice as part of this employment, such training to include:
- Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development
- Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work
The post-holder will strive to maintain quality within the Practice, and will:
- Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk
- Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the teams performance
- Work effectively with individuals in other agencies to meet patients needs
- Effectively manage own time, workload and resources
The post-holder should recognize the importance of effective communication within the team and will strive to:
- Communicate effectively with other team members
- Communicate effectively with patients and carers
- Recognize peoples needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly