CITY WALLS MEDICAL CENTRE
The closing date is 30 September 2022
- Competitive sessional rate at £9,180 per session
- Indemnity costs, outside of the state indemnity fully paid
- Fully compliant with the BMA contract
- In house weekly PDP sessions, in accordance with the BMA guidelines
- 1 week study leave in addition to PDP time
- 6 weeks annual leave, outside of study leave and PDP time
- Bank holiday formula applied
- GMS practice with 16,000 patients
- An established GP team which includes 9 GP Partners, 1 Nurse Partner and 2 Salaried GPs
- Well established, highly skilled Nursing Team which includes 5 Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Practice Nurses, and HCAs
- Extended Team includes Clinical Pharmacist, Physiotherapist, Social Prescribing Link Worker (SPLW) and Wellbeing Co-ordinator (WBC)
- Large supportive management and administrative team
- Wide range of clinical specialties within the practice, to include teaching, minor surgery, contraception and sexual health clinic, post-natal and chronic disease management
- Development and peer support opportunities
- Emis Web, Docman and paperless
- High achieving practice in QOF and enhanced services
- Rated good for CQC
- Established teaching practice, with the ability to pursue further
- Well established Primary Care Network with in-house Clinical Director
Main duties of the job
- Provide a full range of nGMS services to the list of patients.
- Carry out work required to fulfil the requirements of QOF and all Enhanced Services.
- Take full clinical and professional responsibility for the patients.
- Make clear, sound and proactive decisions, reflecting good clinical judgement.
- Maintain excellent clinical records and patients summaries.
- Prescribe in accordance with the practice formulary.
- Monitor own referral patterns, being mindful of in house and local clinical pathways
- Attend practice meetings and training sessions as requested
City Walls Medical Centre is located in Chester, just a short walk from the town centre and university.
We also have a branch doctors surgery located in the village of Saughall, situated approximately 5 miles north west of Chester.
City Walls Medical Centre is a training practice for both Doctors and Nurses and has three GP in-house trainers. We have a supportive and knowledgeable clinical team that provide a positive learning environment for the students to achieve their potential and gain experience of working in Primary Care.
The clinicians are supported by a well structuredadministrative andmanagement team.
The guidance below is based on 4 hours 10 minute sessions.
The practice appointments are subject to demand fluctuations and we appreciate flexibility on both sides.
Emergency Surgery - Usual GP Surgery Routine - Telephone calls and Messages
08.30 12.40 includes 14 appointments, usually 2 visits (pro rata) medication requests (RIs), referrals, messages, phone calls, results.
1420 18-00 includes paperwork (DOCMAN, letters, reports), 13 appointments, medication requests (RIs), referrals, messages, phone calls, results.
On Call Duties
AM or PM only
Two on call Doctors run two morning urgent clinics side by side from 08.50 1230 including appointments, phone calls and prescription signing. They are available to staff until 1300 for queries but no visits, unless high demand deems necessary.
Two on call Doctors run a joint afternoon clinic 14.30 18.30 with a mix of telephone triage, face to face and possible late home visits. Prescriptions to be signed for the practice and urgent phone calls.
Each day one GP is allocated a visiting session to triage up to eight requests and visit five patients, this reduces the need for other GP's to visit but if demand is high, each GP, not on the emergency clinic will have visit requests to triage. GPs can allocate themselves visits up to 11am, after this they will be fairly distributed by the Office Manager.
Complete on daily basis. View, add comment, forward to receptionist if action
required and File.
Highly skilled data entry team complete the majority of coding. Letters to be viewed daily and actioned appropriately.
Lexicom software, Accenda, Medisec. Full training on practice software is given during induction.
Clinical Systems Emis Web - Full training on practice software is given during induction.
Sessional changes due to COVID
During COVID the practice altered the clinicians way of working to ensure the safety of both thepractice staff and patients, this included the use of telephone triage. Sessionscan be subject to change due to lifting of restrictions.
Routine clinics AM: 12 telephone consultations, 3 results calls, 2 home visit triage calls and 4 sessionholder only appointments (these are to be used by the session holder to see patients face to face based on thetelephone consultation)
Routine clinics PM: 12 telephone consultations, 3 results calls and 6 session holder onlyappointments (these are to be used by the session holder to see patients face to face based on the telephoneconsultation)
Urgent clinics AM: 10 urgent telephone consultations, 3 session holder only appointments (these areto be used by the session holder to see patients face to face based on the telephone consultation) and 5 urgentmessages (usually used for urgent x-rays etc.)
Urgent clinics PM (a joint clinic with 1 other GP (late calls until 18.30): (on expected busier days we alsohave an ANP or Registrar)
16 urgent telephone consultations, with ability to bring 8 patients to the practice for a face to faceappointment following the telephone consultation. There may be a need for a late visit, theclinicians will decide who leaves for the visit and who continues with the clinic (the visit can becompleted by an ANP if appropriate)
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).