Applicants to note that this vacancy is advertised on behalf of Park Green Surgery. The successful candidate will be employed by Park Green Surgery.
To provide full management and administrative support to the General Practitioners, thereby freeing the GPs from the day to day operational working of the practice. Park Green Surgery are seeking an exceptional individual to
undertake the role of Practice Business Manager.
The post is a full-time role, but we offer flexible working. Additionally, you will enjoy 5 weeks' leave per year, statutory bank
holidays, and access to the NHS pension as well as a salary in the region of
£45-55k per annum.
To apply for this crucial role within our team, please send
an introductory email, with your CV outlining your motivation and suitability
to Dr Saima Virk (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr Mousumi Sinah (email@example.com).
Main duties of the job
As the Practice Business Manager you will play a pivotal role in providing personnel management services, such as recruitment and selection, induction, supervision, training & development, welfare, health and safety, discipline & grievance, performance appraisals and delegation of work load for all members of practice staff. You will be responsible for providing advice on all aspects of employment legislation and organise the necessary awareness sessions or training for all practice staff. You will be responsible for the preparation and maintenance of books and accounts, including quarterly and year end preparation of accounts to trial balance. Control of accounts sent and invoices received, and overall control of petty cash. Other duties include, but are not limited to, providing assistance to doctors in non-medical procedures as and when required, ensuring premises and staff insurance is maintained, ensuring all accidents or incidents are investigated, reported and recorded and any follow up action undertaken, and finally, ensuring adequate cleaning, maintenance and safety, fire prevention and general housekeeping.
Providing care to 11,000 patients, Park Green Surgery, South Kirby comprises 3 GP Partners and operates across two sites (Park Green and Southmoor Surgeries).
31 January 2024
£45,000 to £55,000 a year
Depending on experience.
Park Green Medical
Please see attached job description and person specification for further details of the responsibilities of this role.
- Experience of sustained success as a practice manager in Primary Care delivering across budgetary control, practice leadership and staff management.
- Demonstrable evidence of success in operational management, including recruitment and retention of a range clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Experience of establishing and delivering systems and processes within a highly regulated environment.
- Experience of involvement in a provider response to a CQC inspection.
- Demonstrably successful staff management experience, including the setting of objectives, team and individual appraisal, recruitment and disciplinary issues.
- Experience of working within a Primary Care Network.
- Experience of managing through complex and unpredictable change.
- Educated to degree level or with demonstrable evidence of having acquired an equivalent amount of directly relevant experience across a range of relevant operational areas.
- GCSE or equivalent grades 4 (C) or above
- Demonstrable evidence of continuing professional development relevant to the role
- Postgraduate qualification in an area relevant to the role e.g. HR, Finance, Business Administration
- A strong knowledge of the working of the NHS, Primary Care - including PCNs, and General Practice.
- Sound knowledge of budget and financial management processes
- Knowledge of the functioning of Electronic Patient Record systems (EMIS Web and SystmOne)
- Knowledge of Wakefield District system structures and ability to understand the local arrangements.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, an understanding of own impact on others and an ability to manage self, achieve results and maintain professional conduct in difficult and challenging situations.
- Personally and professionally motivated to achieve against the highest standards.
- Demonstrates innovation and creativity in decision making by encouraging new ways of working and developing a culture of continual improvement.
- Able to negotiate with and influence staff, non-employed workers and partners irrespective of level of seniority and often without direct accountability or control.
- Is responsive and flexible, proactively searches for ways to make improvements
- Recognises the limits of own skills and abilities and looks to others for expertise and support as necessary.
- Recognises and works within the limit of delegated authority
- Recognises the importance of individual contribution towards effective team performance and is consistently able to get the best out of their team and others they work with.
- Excellent leadership skills, able to articulate and communicate a clear vision and ensure effective implementation.
- Ability to resolve conflict in an effective manner.
- Ability to set realistic and achievable objectives for self and others and is tenacious in the pursuit of achievement.
- Ability to establish and maintain credibility with all levels of staff. Is honest, fair and supportive and able to establish effective rapport with staff, peers and wider networks.
- Able to delegate effectively recognising the importance of playing to the strengths of a diverse and multi-skilled team.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- An excellent communicator with strong and effective influencing skills.
- Good IT skills across a range of systems including the full range of Microsoft office packages, banking and accounting software, and (ideally both) EMIS Web and SystmOne
- Independently mobile between practice sites
- Able to work flexibly to meet the needs of the practices