Care Co-ordinator (WN)
Conexus Healthcare CIC
This job is now closed
Care Co-ordinators are there to make a difference to the lives of Wakefield North PCNs patients. Building relationships with our patients and being able to adapt to each day being different is a key strength of this role. Care Co-ordinators will have a compassionate nature and provide extra time and expertise to support patients in preparing for, or in following-up, clinical conversations they have with primary care professionals. They will work closely with the GPs and other primary care professionals within the PCN to identify and manage a caseload of identified patients, making sure that appropriate support is made available to them and their carers; ensuring their changing needs are addressed.
Interviews will take place face to face on Thursday 22nd February in the morning.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will be responsible for consulting with patients, which may include care home residents and those that are housebound to determine their needs, developing care plans, co-ordinating patient care services, educating them about their condition, and working with the care team to evaluate interventions.
The Care Co-ordinator will proactively (not an exhaustive list):
- engage with patients living in care homes and supported living
- support housebound patients
- support patients with long-term conditions and/or work alongside primary care colleagues
- make contact with patients diagnosed with cancer and support the cancer screening programme
- identify patients, and support GP practices, with non-medical interventions with referrals to external agencies/partners
- support patients living with Dementia and their carers
- perform health checks on patients that are aged 75 and over
- support patients who are on the Learning Disability Register
- support patients who are informal carers
Wakefield North PCN consists of six GP practices on the Eastern side of Wakefield District. Our practices are Henry Moore Clinic, Riverside Medical Centre, Tieve Tara Medical Centre, Station Lane Medical Centre, St Thomas Road Surgery and Newland Surgery.
Our PCN is committed to improving the care provided to our patients, reducing health inequalities and raising the standards and quality of our general practices.
You will be employed by Conexus Healthcare CIC which is the Confederation for General Practice in Wakefield, who have four areas of work:
- Delivery of high-quality public facing Health and Wellbeing services across the Wakefield District: We develop, manage and deliver health and care services that support the population of the whole Wakefield district
- Delivery of Training, Development and Consultancy support across the United Kingdom: We design and deliver a range of training courses, development activity and provide advice and guidance that supports general practices and other primary care organisations.
- Supporting Our Practices and Primary Care Networks (PCNs): We support general practices and PCNs across the Wakefield district to be more resilient, sustainable and deliver better patient care and care for the health needs of their populations.
- Providing a voice and influence for General Practice in the Health and Care System: We provide a forum to develop a unified voice for General Practice and support
Please see the attached job description and person spec for further details of the responsibilities of this role.