Evelyn Medical Centre
The closing date is 26 January 2021
We are looking to recruit a full-time Dispensary Assistant to work alongside our Dispensary Manager and team of dispensers (or a job-share would be considered).
We are situated in Hope, in the heart of the Peak District. We seek ateam memberwho actively enjoys providing excellent, friendly and compassionate service to our patients, whilst maintaining the highest standards of safety and accuracy. The successful applicant will enjoy working in a busy environment. You must be able to prioritise, work well under pressure and be a proactive member of our team working not only with dispensary colleagues but with the wider practice team.
The successful post holder will need to be able to pay attention to detail, work efficiently and quickly and provide exceptional patient service.
Experience of working in a GP practice is useful but not essential.BTEC/NVQ Level 2 recognised dispensing qualification or equivalent desirable but training will be provided.
Main duties of the job
The post holder must have a strong eye for detail, have excellent organisational skills and be able to provide a high level of patient care and patient satisfaction.
Main duties of the job
The main role of the dispensary assistantwill be:
- Processing and checking prescription requests
- Dispensing medication against prescription
- Collecting due prescription charges, ensuring FP10 is duly completed
- Preparing care home and community dossette boxes
- Operate efficient stock control
- Ensuring all drugs are stored appropriately
- Reporting and logging any untoward incidents
- Ensuring all tasks relating to the dispensary are dealt with efficiently
- General housekeeping - cleaning shelves and checking expiry dates
We are eager to support the right candidate in all opportunities to develop their skills. We are looking for either full or part time applicants, hours of work to be discussed with the successful candidate. Must be flexible between 8am-6.30pm, in order to cover holidays/sick leave.
Closing date: Tuesday, 26th January 2021
Interviews: Likely to be Thursday, 28th January 2021
1. Provide a friendly, professional and efficient dispensary service. Be competent in all aspects of drugs dispensing and be actively involved ona day-to-day basis.
2. Be sensitive to the needs of our patients and be responsible for dealingwith any verbal complaints in a conciliatory and helpful manner, referring andrecording these as required.
3. Ensure all records are kept up-to-date and stored for the right length of time, in the appropriate manner.
4. Maintain stock control, ensuring adequate stock and appropriatestorage and rotation.
5. To be organised in the dispensary to allow efficient dispensing and minimisethe risk of mistakes.
6. To be involved in the dispensing, recording and disposal of controlleddrugs according to the latest standards.
7. To have a complete understanding of fees payable for prescriptionsand exemption categories. Have appropriate procedures to handle the receipt
of prescription and other monies. Balance the prescription monies on a daily basis and reconcile monthly the receipts to the amount banked.
8. Understand the contents and the structure of the Drug Tariff.
9. To be involved with the Dispensary Manager in the annual completion of theDispensary Services Quality Scheme, including the completion of theDispensing Review of Use of Medicines (DRUMS).
10. Understand the purpose and benefits of the Standard Operating Procedures
Review and update these procedures in consultation with the Dispensary Lead. Test these procedures on inexperienced members of staff and use them effectively in-house.
11. Use information technology skills to develop the dispensary computerisedsystems as necessary.
12. Order supplies for the nurses rooms and also order clinical equipment asrequested.
13. Preparing, dispensing and recording of blister packs
14. DOOP Drugs correct disposal of patient returns
15. CPD as per registration
16. To maintain good working relationships with all staff attached to thesurgery and ensure excellent communications between Dispensary andall other aspects of our work.
17. Maintain patient confidentiality and appropriate security of the building atall times. To be prepared to open up and close the building as required.
18. To cover for other members of staff for annual holidays or sick leave.
19. To have a smart and tidy appearance compatible with the post and adhereto the practice dress code.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Evelyn Medical Centre
13 January 2021
Full-time, Part-time, Job share